Equine Art by Rayvin Brewer


Sunday, April 19, 2009

I am beginning to think that this Mini Scarlett is the bane of my existance. I have attempted to paint it a light belgian flexen chestnut 4 times now and everytime something goes horribly horribly wrong and wreaks it to the point where I have to reprep it and start from scratch. Well, this time was worse then any other time and left me with a rediculous amount of prepping and a very bad mood. Normally when this happens it's a sign that it does not want to be that color... so I might have to contact her mommy and see what she wants to do because I don't know if 5th time is a charm..... UGH!!

On a happier note, I have the dark grey G3 andy all done and ready to either sell or show and a G1 arab mare just needing details. My NAN trophy entry is getting close to completion which is VERY exciting!!! I have a few more ideas I might be able to get together in apoxie before the contest deadline too. Wish me luck!

I will try to post pictures soon for everyone. I know text based posts can be really boring with no eye candy. ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

haha , hey I understand with the stripping and not getting a color right.... man.... I have a valor I remade for a friend.. thank god she is a good friend.. I am on my 4th time repainting.. he has been stripped 3 x and Im at my wits end with it.. its suppose to be a dark palomino..not smutty at all but very gold.. I think I had it right the first time but she says now make sure he is not too orange so .. like a dummy I stripped him.. and in hindsight he was probley ok.. this last time though.. gad... it had better be the last time! I have had that poor horse for almost 2 years! ..like I said she is a good friend thank god!
Rebecca Turner
www.solticeartstudio.blogspot.com