Equine Art by Rayvin Brewer


Saturday, September 8, 2007

A day at Spruce Meadows





The Masters has come again this year and I managed to get away from work and the studio for two days to take it all in. I am lucky enough to live right close to Spruce Meadows and make it an rule to visit at least once a year. I must say that I am never dissapointed and no matter how many times I go there is always something new to see. It is a great place for collecting references and information. By the end of today I had taken over 525 pictures and at least 6 videos, on Wednesday I took over 175 pictures and another 3 videos so I am stocked up for a while. Now I just need to go through them all. :D




For the last two years the Spruce Meadows has arranged for Anky Van Grunsven to preform at the Masters and all I can say is wow. Being able to have the opportunity to see this spectacular woman in person is truly breathtaking. There really are no words to discribe how touching her performances are, even better is how nice she is in person. I managed to snap a few pictures durring her performances that I want to share with you all.
This little Mini Wagon was adorably cute! Wouldn't it be great to have a performance set up like this? I wish there were more miniature resins in the hobby, they are so cute and colorful. Anyway, they had this wagon, a few other single carts and some jumps set up for the little guys to try. Being so little it was amazing how high they can jump.

Here is an appaloosa gelding that was representing his breed at Spruce Meadows Today. What a spectaular color this guy is! Must be an advanced snowflake pattern...or something. I might just have to use this guy for a ref. at some point. He was a sweetie too. :D

As for studio stuff, I have made some progress on my commissions and on some sales pieces, hopefully some photos to come. :) I also have a WB sculpture in progress, he is LB scale and is really starting to look horse shaped. I am very excited about this guy!

No comments: