Equine Art by Rayvin Brewer


Friday, September 21, 2007

September Progress

Now this is the part of the Blog that starts to get interesting. I don't know about you but I LOVE to see inprogress work from other artists. It's very inspiring to me to watch a piece evolve from nothing into a masterpiece. Anyway, I should probably get to the point and stop boring you. Over the past few months I have had some progress in studio, despite work and ripping appart our basement bathroom I still got stuff done! Yay!


Here are some pictures of what I am working on right now, they very from painting to sculpting and customizing. There should be something for everyone to enjoy.

First on the chopping block is a CM G3 Belgian Mare. I added a mane to her and resculpted her tail. Not quite sure of the color, I am leaning towards a nice black bay.






Next up is a CM PS ISH with a Pheonix Resin head. I added a bit to the nasal bone and the bottom of the jaw to make the head more 'stock horse' like. This horse needs a LOT more work before it is even close to presentable but I figured that it would be worth posting now. I am planning on making this pretty pony into an appaloosa old style with a sparse tail and scruffy mane. For the color I am thinking bay blanket appy or maybe leopard.


Third up is my NEIBITS donation. Lesli Kathman's clinky medallion (about quarter sized) cold painted and to a bay varnish appy, it's also glossed.








This guy is a Picasso resin with a CMed mane. He is for Deb Buckler of Resins by Randy and will be a nice soft black roan when he is done. My first attempt at a oil roan, enhanced by pastels.


Well, that is all for now. I should have some more for you later on. ;) I always have lots on the go. :D Until then, have a great day!


Rayvin


Khrysalis Studios





















No comments: